The 150th Anniversary of Melbourne Observatory

Melbourne Observatory had a long wait for an “official” opening – 150 years, to be precise. After a decade of astronomical operations, the Williamstown Observatory was closed and a transfer of equipment took place in 1863 to grand new facilities on land excised from the Government House reserve, adjacent to the Royal Botanic Gardens.

For further details see the latest issue of our newsletter – Phoenix Newsletter – Issue 10, June 2014 (3MB)